Covered California Has Four Plan Tiers
This is the most basic tier. These are high deductible plans which means that the consumer will pay out of pocket for the deductible before the insurance plan will begin to pay.
Silver plans are considered to be the best plans for the price. If you are receiving a subsidy these are the plans that Covered CA will guide you towards. These plans will have the best prices and the best plan designs for your health needs.
These plans are available to those who typically are going to use their health care more than most people. The have no deductible and a $30 co pay for primary care visits.
These plans cover 90 percent of the actuarial value of the costs and health expenses. They will always be the most expensive plans on the Covered California calucator. To get more information either go to the coveredca.com website or call us directly at 855-441-2245.
Who can get Covered California?
Most people under the age of 65 and over the age of 18 and who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States and are residing in California.
You are eligible under age 65 if:
You are not receiving or are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits;
- You are not receiving or are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits;
- You are not receiving disability benefits; or
- Your employer is not offering you affordable coverage; or.
Before age 65, you are eligible for free Medicare hospital insurance if:
- You have been entitled to Social Security disability benefits for 24 months; or
- You receive a disability pension from the railroad retirement board and meet certain conditions; or
- You receive Social Security disability benefits because you have Lou Gehrig’s disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis); or
- You worked long enough in a government job where Medicare taxes were paid and you have been entitled to Social Security disability benefits for 24 months; or
- You are the child or widow(er) age 50 or older, including a divorced widow(er), of someone who has worked long enough in a government job where Medicare taxes were paid and you meet the requirements of the Social Security disability program; or 7
- You have permanent kidney failure and you receive maintenance dialysis or a kidney transplant and: —You are eligible for or receive monthly benefits under Social Security or the railroad retirement system; or —You have worked long enough in a Medicare-covered government job; or —You are the child or spouse (including a divorced spouse) of a worker (living or deceased) who has worked long enough under Social Security or in a Medicare-covered government job.
Medical insurance (Part B) Anyone who is eligible for free Medicare hospital insurance (Part A) can enroll in Medicare medical insurance (Part B) by paying a monthly premium. Some beneficiaries with higher incomes will pay a higher monthly Part B premium.
If you are not eligible for free hospital insurance, you can buy medical insurance, without having to buy hospital insurance, if you are age 65 or older and you are—
- A U.S. citizen; or
- A lawfully admitted non-citizen who has lived in the United States for at least five years.
Covered California plans include:
- HMO plans (must choose a doctor within the health insurers network)
- PPO plans (must choose a doctor within the network – usually a larger network than HMO)
- EPO – combo between HMO plan design and PPO network
Once the open enrollment period opens you can make changes from November 1st – January 31st. You may change health insurance carriers or you can change your subsidies if your income has changed.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
California Insurance Providers and BCBIS has contracted with leading health insurance carriers and Covered California to provide you an easy starting place to receive Covered Ca Plans: call us now at 855-441-2245. We DO NOT charge for our services. It is FREE of charge or fees.
We are a certified agent with Covered California and you can find us here or on coveredca.com
We understand there is a lot of valuable and important information shared with us. It is our policy to NOT share any of our clients information with anyone other than ourselves. We are regulated by the California Department of Insurance as well as Covered California. You can find us on both of their websites, and if you are looking for help in finding us, just give us a call and we will walk you through it. We collect all of your information because we are required to do so to process health insurance policies and nothing more. We do not sell any other products besides Covered California Medical policies. Covered California may or may not share your information. This is the clients responsibility to contact and ask Covered California directly (800) 300-1506 for their service department.
Your privacy is very important to BCBIS – we are an insurance agent, and our license depends on taking care of our clients. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please call us.
- Information, if any, that we us
- The different health options our clients have
- What it is that we do and who we are
BCBIS is an insurance agency that is a Certified Insurance Agent under Covered California. We offer and have appointments with Kaiser Permanente, Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, Humana, and Blue Shield of California.
All marketing materials, external communications, or websites which use Covered California Marks or refer to Covered California in any way must be accompanied by the following disclaimer in a conspicuous font: “Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States.””
The ACA overhauled America’s health care system, reducing national health care costs for individuals, families and the government. It addressed patients’ rights and protections and created new rules for the insurance industry.
The ACA’s goals are to minimize the number of uninsured by making health care more affordable and improving the quality of available care. Now all U.S. citizens, including legal immigrants, have access to health insurance.
- Be a U.S citizen or be legally present in the country.
- Enroll for health coverage through Covered California.
- Not be receiving Medicare, Medi-Cal or military health benefits.
- Not have health coverage from your employer.
- Have a household income that ranges between 100%-400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The previous year’s tax information for you and your spouse.
- A list of everyone in your household who will be on your federal tax return for the year you will be receiving coverage.
- Your Social Security number or document numbers.
Cares for California is a website owned and operated by BLUEFIN CORPORATE BENEFITS AND BRENDAN CARBERRY INSURANCE LICENSE #0F46900 is licensed with the Department of Insurance and Covered California. WE ARE ONE OF THE LARGEST PROVIDERS OF INDIVIDUAL COVERED CALIFORNIA POLICIES IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
“COVERED CALIFORNIA,” “CALIFORNIA HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE,” AND THE COVERED CALIFORNIA LOGO ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OR SERVICE MARKS OF COVERED CALIFORNIA, IN THE UNITED STATES. THIS WEB SITE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY BLUEFIN CORPORATE BENEFITS AND BRENDAN CARBERRY INSURANCE LICENSE #0F46900, WHICH IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS CONTENT. THIS SITE IS NOT MAINTAINED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH COVERED CALIFORNIA, AND COVERED CALIFORNIA BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENT. THE E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS THAT APPEAR THROUGHOUT THIS SITE BELONG TO BLUEFIN CORPORATE BENEFITS AND BRENDAN CARBERRY INSURANCE LICENSE #0F46900, AND CANNOT BE USED TO CONTACT COVERED CALIFORNIA.